Multimedia
Audio
Video
Photo

Act Now!! Emergency Haiti Debate House of Commons Wednesday Night!!!

Anonyme, Martes, Marzo 9, 2004 - 23:47

Anthony apfenton@ualberta.ca

There will be an emergency debate on the Haiti crisis Wednesday evening in the House of Commons. The NDP's Svend Robinson may be the only critical voice heard.

Please contact Svend Robinson and let him know that you want Canada's role in the coup d'état investigated and exposed.

Paul Martin is becoming another Tony Blair. Don't let it happen. If the government is exposed, then the corporate owned media will be as well. The coup could not have taken place without them...

Svend must be reached in Ottawa. His legislative assistant is Dan [can't recall his last name]:

phone: 613-996-5597
fax: 613-992-5501
e-mail: robins@parl.gc.ca
and robinson.s@parl.gc.ca

Contact Jack Layton as well!! jack@fed.ndp.ca

Canadians have a right to have these issues addressed, especially when Haitian blood is on our hands.

> Tell him to raise the issue of Haitian self-determination. Haitians voted for Aristide and Aristide still enjoys majority support. This has never been disputed. How can Canada support minority, elite interests while claiming to support democracy?

> Tell him to raise the issue of the "Ottawa Initiative on Haiti" [see Michel Vastel, March 15, 2003 http://www.haiti-progres.com/2003/sm030305/eng03-05.html] where Canada hosted a high-level meeting that discussed "regime change" and the re-establishment of the murderous Haitian army. We have seen both of these *initiatives* manifest less than one year after this meeting. The minutes of the "summit of the francophonie" hosted by Denis Paradis must be investigated.

> Tell him that President Aristide has testified publicly that he was overthrown and that he did not resign. [see zmag.org]

> Tell him to raise the issue of the US and EU funding and supporting the democratic opposition. Ask him to explore the relationship of the Republican Party to this opposition, specifically the $70 million dollars that has been "funelled" to these opposition groups over the last 8 years. Ask why this has not been mentioned in the media. [see dominionpaper.ca/haiti]

> Ask him to raise the issue of Canada's supporting the "political resolution" of the OAS/CARICOM while knowing that the opposition would oppose it. [see CARICOM press releases, etc.]

> Ask him to raise the issue of Canada's neither condemning the opposition for their repeated refusals to negotiate with Aristide nor condemning the atrocities and human rights violations of the armed rebels.

> Ask for an investigation into the relationship of the Canadian and US governments to these armed rebels, who appeared well-trained and well-equipped from the Dominican Republic where several thousand US troops are known to be.

> Ask why the rebels have not laid down their weapons.

> Ask why convicted criminals are not being apprehended. Also ask why a state of emergency has not been declared since all Haitian prisons have been emptied and thousands of known criminals are roaming the streets, including several members of the former regime responsible for thousands of deaths.

> Ask why Canada has not supported the Caribbean community who are calling for a full investiagtion into Aristide's overthrow and are refusing to recognize the new illegitimate government.

>A sk about international laws that have been violated by Canada throughout this crisis.

> Ask if our supporting the US policy includes our supporting the refugee policy, which is a violation of Section 33 of the 1952 Convention on Refugees which both Canada and the US have ratified.. It is illegal to repatriate refugees in times of crisis. Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, and the UN High Commissioner for Refugees have condemned this. When will Canada?

> [...]

www.dominionpaper.ca/weblog
Documentos adjuntosTamaño
15863.jpg0 bytes