Multimedia
Audio
Video
Photo

Bush @ Museum of Civ in Hull on Tuesday Night

Anonyme, Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 16:11

ME

Black tie Dinner Time

WASHINGTON (CP) - President George W. Bush will avoid a potentially hostile reception in Parliament and travel to Halifax next week to give a speech after his first official trip to Ottawa, White House sources say.

The side trip would come after a working visit Tuesday with Prime Minister Paul Martin and a dinner that night with hundreds of prominent Canadians at the Museum of Civilization. A White House spokesman said Wednesday the final agenda was still being worked out but confirmed Bush wouldn't address Parliament. Details of the Halifax portion of the trip weren't immediately available.