Multimedia
Audio
Video
Photo

Help boycott Las Vegas now!

Anonyme, Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 12:45

MMAS

WWW.MSNBC.COM is reporting on the "Hunt for Bambi" scandal at http://msnbc.com/news/939777.asp The network counters suspicions that this can't be true with an interview of a "Hunt for Bambi" spokesman who says (excerpt): "We love our girls. Why do you think we pay them so much?"
Love? Make up your own mind...

WWW.MSNBC.COM is reporting on the "Hunt for Bambi" scandal at http://msnbc.com/news/939777.asp The network counters suspicions that this can't be true with an interview of a "Hunt for Bambi" spokesman who says (excerpt): "We love our girls. Why do you think we pay them so much?"

Love? Make up your own mind...

A TV report from Las Vegas station KLAS-TV on this organized commercial
sexualized-assault-as-entertainment venture can be viewed on-line at
(http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=1356380&nav=168XGqk0)
(This can be verified at 702-646-1415. Contacts: Shoshona South and Sue Ann Sorrell)

Here is an excerpt:
"Bizarre Game Targets Women: Hunting for Bambi: Parts 1 & 2

(...) It's a new form of adult entertainment, and men are paying thousands of dollars to shoot naked women with paint ball guns. They're coming to Las Vegas to do it. (...)
George Evanthes has never been hunting. "Originally I'm from New York. What am I going to hunt? Squirrels? Someone's cats. Someone's dogs? I don't think so," said Evanthes. Now that he's living in Las Vegas, he's finally getting his chance to put on his camouflage, grab a rifle and pull the trigger, but what's in his scope may surprise you. He's not hunting ducks or even deer.
He's hunting woman. Naked women. (...)

Hunting for Bambi is the brainchild of Michael Burdick. Men pay anywhere from $5000 to $10,000 for the chance to come to the middle of the desert to shoot what they call "Bambi's" with a paint ball gun. Burdick says men have
come from as far away as Germany. The men get a videotape of their hunt to take home and show their friends.

Burdick says safety is a concern, but the women are not allowed to wear protective gear -- only tennis shoes. Today while the Eyewitness News cameras were rolling, one woman chose to wear bikini bottoms but normally all they wear is their birthday suits.

Burdick says hunters are told not shoot the women above the chest, but admits not all hunters follow the rules. "The main goal is to be true as true to nature as possible. I don't go deer hunting and see a deer with a football helmet on so I don't want to see one on my girl either," said
Burdick.

The paint balls that come out of the guns travel at about 200 miles per hour. Getting hit with one stings even with clothes on, and when they hit bare flesh, they are powerful enough to draw blood.

Evanthes shot one of the women and says, "I got the one with the biggest rack."

To gauge the utter misogyny underlying this operation, visit the "Hunt for Bambi" promotional websites, complete with images of bloodied and "wall-mounted" women
http://www.huntingforbambi.com/ or http://michaelb.zoovy.com/
(sometimes inaccessible because of overload)
Excerpt: "You can actually hunt one of our Bambi sluts and shoot her with paintballs while we film the whole thing and tape it for your own home video."

A number of us feel that the way to protest this 'hunt' is to hurt these men and those who protect them in their pocketbooks, with as wide a boycott of Las Vegas as we can muster so that Nevada authorities themselves turn on this operator. Please consider the following action measures:

1) check this out and take your decision to take action or not

2) explain the issue and the boycott in a personally worded notice to your networks and to local, national and US media. You will find lists of electronic addresses and advice on sites such as www.guerillastickers.com/Emails-All%20Media.htm

3) e-mail your intention to boycott Nevada to the State's Governor via his Web site:
http://gov.state.nv.us/mailgov.htm (you can leave a phone # and ask them to call you back)

4) e-mail City of Las Vegas City Council members and the Clark County Board of Commissioners (according to Las Vegas Mayor, this is their jurisdiction)
Las Vegas City Council:
mayo...@ci.las-vegas.nv.us, coun...@ci.las-vegas.nv.us, coun...@ci.las-vegas.nv.us, coun...@ci.las-vegas.nv.us, coun...@ci.las-vegas.nv.us, coun...@ci.las-vegas.nv.us, coun...@ci.las-vegas.nv.us
Clark City Board of Commissioners:
ccdi...@co.clark.nv.us, ccdi...@co.clark.nv.us, ccdi...@co.clark.nv.us, ccdi...@co.clark.nv.us, ccdi...@co.clark.nv.us, ccdi...@co.clark.nv.us,
ccdi...@co.clark.nv.us, r...@co.clark.nv.us, ccm...@co.clark.nv.us

You may get form responses, but you'll have an impact nevertheless.
Let's help put a filthy woman-hating business out of commission.

Thank you,

Montreal men Against Sexism

FEEL FREE TO PASS THIS ON

"People who shut their eyes to reality invite their own destruction, and anyone who insists on remaining in a state of innocence long after that innocence is dead turns himself into a monster."
--James Baldwin

MSNBC.COM report on the 'Hunt for Bambi' operation
msnbc.com/news/939777.asp