Multimedia
Audio
Video
Photo

This antiwar movement brought to you by...

Anonyme, Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - 15:44

seek their true agendas

We believe that a society in turmoil cannot be saved through mere legislation. Our efforts are devoted not to ephemeral political fashions but to the defense of the fundamental institutions of our civilization. In the broadest sense, we strive to contribute to the renewal of Christendom in this time and place...

ANTIWAR.COM's MISSION
...Antiwar.com is one project of our parent foundation the "Randolph Bourne Institute" (http://randolphbourne.org/) It is a program that provides a sounding board of interest to all who are concerned about US foreign policy and its implications.

In 1952, Garet Garrett, one of the last of the Old Right "isolationists," said it well: "Between government in the republican meaning, that is, Constitutional, representative, limited government, on the one hand, and Empire on the other hand, there is mortal enmity. Either one must forbid the other or one will destroy the other."...

...Antiwar.com represents the true pro-America side of the foreign policy debate. With our focus on a less centralized government and freedom at home, we consider ourselves the true American patriots. "America first!" regards the traditions of a republican government and non-interventionism as paramount to freedom - a concept that helped forge the foundation of this nation...

http://www.antiwar.com/who.html

Q: WHO IS JUSTIN RAIMONDO?
A: Justin Raimondo is the editorial director of Antiwar.com and its principle columnist. He is also the author of Reclaiming the American Right: The Lost Legacy of the Conservative Movement (http://antiwar.com/raimondo/book1.html) (with an Introduction by Patrick J. Buchanan), (1993), and Into the Bosnian Quagmire: The Case Against US Intervention in the Balkans (1996). He is an Adjunct Scholar with the Ludwig von Mises Institute (www.mises.org), in Auburn, Alabama, a Senior Fellow at the Center for Libertarian Studies (http://www.libertarianstudies.org/), and writes frequently for Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture (http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/). He is the author of An Enemy of the State: The Life of Murray N. Rothbard (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1573928097/antiwarbookstore/102-9...)
http://www.antiwar.com/faq.html

LUDWIG VON MISES INSTITUTE
It is the mission of the Mises Institute to restore a high place for theory in economics and the social sciences, encourage a revival of critical historical research, and draw attention to neglected traditions in Western philosophy. In this cause, the Mises Institute works to advance the Austrian School of economics and the Misesian tradition, and, in application, defends the market economy, private property, sound money, and peaceful international relations, while opposing government intervention as economically and socially destructive.
http://www.mises.org/about.asp

CENTER FORE LIBERTARIAN STUDIES
CLS is dedicated to the work and vision of Murray N. Rothbard (1926-1995), philosopher of liberty, dean of the Austrian School of economics, historian of American freedom, and enemy of the welfare-warfare state. Founded in 1976, CLS administers and Lewrockwell.com (http://www.lewrockwell.com).

The Journal of Libertarian Studies is now published by the Mises Institute which maintains an archive of all back and present issues of the Journal.

http://www.libertarianstudies.org/about.asp

CHRONICLES: A MAGAZINE OF AMERICAN CULTURE
"Chronicles has become the toughest, best-written, and most profoundly insightful journal in America." -- Patrick Buchanan

Each month Chronicles, edited by THE ROCKFORD INSTITUTE president Thomas Fleming, takes a look at the good, the bad, and the ugly of American culture and politics. As original as they are independent, Chronicles' editors have been years ahead in predicting the major conflicts and crises of our time: the end of the Cold War and the rise of "isolationism," the immigration crisis, the worldwide resurgence of ethnic conflict, the collapse of American higher education, and the multiculturalism debate. Some of the best writers in the world have appeared in the pages of Chronicles, Wendell Berry, Jorge Borges, Patrick Buchanan, Samuel Francis, George Garrett, George Gilder, Russell Kirk, John Lukacs, Mario Vargas Llosa, Jacob Neusner, Robert Nisbet, Murray Rothbard, E.O. Wilson. No cant, no propaganda, only honest and entertaining articles, reviews, and essays for readers looking for the truth.

ABOUT THE ROCKFORD INSTITUTE
Founded in 1976, The Rockford Institute stands alone among "think tanks" as the authentic voice of the American Heartland. The Institute, informed by the distinctive accents of the Midwest, the South, and the West, defines and shapes national and international debates. We believe that a society in turmoil cannot be saved through mere legislation. Our efforts are devoted not to ephemeral political fashions but to the defense of the fundamental institutions of our civilization. In the broadest sense, we strive to contribute to the renewal of Christendom in this time and place through:

* The defense of the family
* The promotion of liberty
* The decentralization of political and economic life
* The celebration of the literary and artistic inheritance of our civilization
* The adherence to Truth, revealed through Scripture and tradition

http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/TRI/About.htm

Indymedia has been USED by a bunch of Conservatives who are directly opposed to the very principles of Indymedia!